Google

Monday, October 29, 2007

Play upon our hearts

I have a friend who died Saturday, and she was just a bright light that delighted me every time I saw her. She was 90 and she had driven into a building and broke both arms and legs, facial bones and had other internal injuries. She actually had been improving over the last few days in the hospital but she was a tiny lady and very frail so I imagine it was hard for her body to withstand all of that trauma.
I actually had come upon the accident minutes after it happened, but didn't know it was she who was involved. I had just been talking to her at the library, we shared some stories and then she left, and I soon followed. For the first time in my life that I can remember, I had a physical reaction when I found out the news and I think that's because I realized I had seen the wreckage and it was violent. Sylvia was old enough that the people I work with can rationalize that it's not as tragic because of her long life. On a few levels I agree, but for the most part, no, she had a lot of time left in her, she was spry and vital and it's just a huge loss to not have her here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home