Google

Sunday, October 21, 2007

If you knew my story word for word

I went out last night with a friend, it was impromptu and those experiences tend to be the best ones. I partied hard and for me that's a glass and a half of wine and I'm under the table. Actually I'm revealing all of the stuff you do under the influence of a substance that you are highly allergic to. I hardly partake, perhaps once every few months at the most. But, it effects me at the first taste and I usually make sure I'm in a controlled environment so that I'm not around my children, and I have a ride home. I'm the daughter of an alcoholic and have enormous issues of betrayal because my mom drinks and disregarded that it made her a monster and me her captive audience for most of my childhood.
All of the negative issues aside, part of who I am and my world view comes from having to take care of myself and be in control of my world because no one else was there to do that for me. In all it's not such a horrible thing, it's just gets a little old in that it's all genetically predisposed even before the appetizers arrive.
The best part of the evening, was standing in the parking lot and listening to my current favorite song on my car stereo at full volume. This is a posh neighborhood so I got to feel subversive and that's always fun even though no one noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home