Google

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Its just an old war

I'm often trying to convince people to do what I think is best for them, or to watch something I know they'll like or listen to music that rocks the house so hard it must be heard by all. Most often I'm ignored. That's okay, except that letting that be okay with me is kind of symptomatic of the reason people don't take me very seriously. I'm a joker, I make funny everywhere I go so the combination of humor and pedestrian logician leaves me in the dust behind inane and the worker bees keeping diligent for a cause and or effect.
The dichotomy is apparent. I'm either funnin or dead serious and deep, there is little room in my small shallop for the in between. That's why on so many occasions I go into stand up routine, because I'm no good at the busy talk.
Watching the movie Broken English last night, I was gripped with empathy for the difficult and highly uncomfortable moments that come with dating and or new friendships. Sometimes that chasm is portrayed so well, it makes for physical discomfort, even when your sitting and watching with your man of twenty years, if it's written and acted with a level of accuracy, you are right there, in the game slogging through relationships anew and all too messy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home