Google

Friday, October 26, 2007

Chance of a lifetime

Another item to file under the "it only could happen to me" category.
I had to get a tetanus shot yesterday, not more then a week after I got the flu vaccine. And why pray tell did I have to balance out the inability to use an arm for a week phase of my life? My pink eye is not so cheery after all, it's actually an infection that may have been caused by the large rusty nail I shoved, no sorry that's Saw IV, it could be some sort of ocular tetanus. Okay so I'm out for the count, but wait there's more. In 2005 the powers that be, them that hold all the money and influence that is, decided to bundle the pertussis, diphtheria and third times a charm as I mention it again, tetanus and a little mercury for good measure into a super shot. Not being a super person, I didn't need all that mess, yet somehow it wasn't mentioned that I'd be getting a nice cocktail until after I nodded off and was handed the DHHS disclaimer regarding the options of home health care for my now even more brain damaged self. So, none of that is actually the problem. What really begins to suck is that after I had done all of my hand wringing, Eamon had to add his angst to the pot, which manifests itself into some sort of anger issue and withdrawal which as far as I'm concerned is all too familiar and down home comfy for my own good. I guess the plus is that I won't have to update my blog anymore because I probably won't know I have one, yet I kind of enjoy sharing the irrelevancies of my life, so I'm hoping not be the 1 in a million who actually is adversely affected beyond a few days of discomfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home