Google

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Things will be great

Yesterday Jack and I went to downtown to check out some art. We started at the Bazaar Bizarre which was kind of an indoor artmart with lots of beaded and knitted stuff. Then, we went the center of town to look for artists studios and galleries for their sales and open houses. For Jack it was an eye opener to see people living where they work and produce their art, for me, it was a much needed reminder that there is a huge amount of creative energy in Cleveland and some of it being used for good not just evil commercial hijinx.
When I was in college, I looked for a loft space to rent and back then, they were all really cold and unfinished spaces that would always be a challenge to live in because the area wasn't zoned for residential living. Yesterday I was frequently hot, and blown away by the elaborate living spaces. In part I was disappointed that all of this was a surprise to me, because it means I don't really get to think of myself as at all hip and artsy. And on the other hand, I really never was, I remember sitting in my friend's loft and wearing my coat and gloves and loving it to some degree except that we had to listen to her roommate fight with her boyfriend because a divider does not make a wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home