Google

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And now I understand

"I'm giving it back"; I hear a lot of moms say that when they have to take something off their kids like a book or a DVD to let circulation check it out.
Over the last six months or so, I've been experiencing about a weeks worth of full out, balls,(if I had them), to the wall no holds barred, mood swings and hormonal havoc every month. I get so far away that I can't even talk myself out of it, and I can talk the talk. So, after much hand wringing and conversation, I went to see my doctor. My unfounded concern was that he would suggest hormone therapy and or an anti-depressant even, to take forever. So, I was tempted not to seek any kind of help and just try a big vitamin B push and tons of soy. Well that didn't work, so there I was sitting on the paper, explaining as best I could what the problem was. I know he and the rest of the world are impatient, no pun intended so I was brief and succinct, and so was he, there is a drug that I can take for just that week that will help with serotonin and hormone regulation. That simple; and I'm into day two, with the following side effects; I am not going deep. That's it, the flurry of brain activity and avenues to various thoughts, doubts, anxieties, fears and I'm guessing pleasures, are all blocked off for some sort of event. So for one week, I am not fucked up, so basically, I'm not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home