Google

Monday, June 19, 2006

The lottery

Life can be heartbreaking when you watch people's lives take a turn. There is an older man who many of us at work have befriended. He is interested and interesting, active and a deep thinker.
Lately, he has had some physical deterioration. I used to see him when I went to the Y, he would be there every morning long before I got myself and whatever assortment of progeny I was dragging along with me. He would be playing basketball or working out on machines. Now, he can only move with tremendous effort and concentration. It's a brain to body thing. The messages are mangled, the communication off . He has some hope that a doctor will actually diagnose his situation correctly which has not yet happened.
I feel wrong these days, a little off, not on my game as it were and, I've been crying at pretty much any song I hear. I usually write this off to the moon or what house my planet is aligned with. No, I don't. Actually I just up my vitamin b intake and hope for the best. I know that our bodies can betray us, but the fact that our minds work in collusion is the clincher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home