Google

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

fries with that shake

Summer time and the living is just as rigorous. Jake is going to be going to summer school, Gus is working two days a week and going to baseball camp. Jack mr. self sufficient, except he forgets to feed himself, is just going about his business.
In July, Jack and I are going to the shore. He wants lobster and I want to recapture my childhood of beach living. Unfortunately, I have to pay a lot of money for these memories so I'm going to have to make it worthwhile, we will have fun goddamnit. I'm meeting my parents there, and that I am doing for some unconscious gestalt primal therapy thing because otherwise I have no idea why I would have invited them except to make it the worst possible experience of my life.
My parents were both professors of social work, which dis-enabled them to have any interest in parenting because they were taking care of everyone else and various other sundries. Eventually I will recover from the trauma, but for now I will revisit it and in the meantime, I am practicing the opposite of everything I know so that my kids can have their own unique brand of neurosis, which I've assigned with the moniker "your mom is a teenagemom." At least, there is a chance fun will be had; on a budget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home