Google

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Husker Du

The first movie that I remember realizing that there were others like me, was An American Werewolf in London, Okay I'm not talking about the horror or gore elements exclusively, that would be a whole nother type of person. What I'm getting at here is the multiple levels of viewing and story line. There was humor, but it didn't take away from the serious nature of the being scared really bad component.
Now there are tons of movies that transcend the horror humor genre, but I remember the glee I felt in being introduced to any dimensionality of films in the mainstream. I'd had to sit through
eons of foreign and independent films of the late 70's and early 80's to garner some depth and philosophical intent but very few laughs. It was all so somber and solipsistic. But, the most tragic memory of all, is of sitting through two days of Berlin Alexanderplatz , and paying for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home