Google

Sunday, July 15, 2012

By the end of the day

When we were walking towards the Grog shop on our way to see FJM, I said to Gus “there he is”. And the immediate response to that was no it isn’t, so I bet him, and I will  soon be collecting $50.00
We introduced ourselves and spoke for a moment. He seemed to be looking for something and I suggested if he was hungry, he might want to try Tommy’s, he said he wasn’t, that he was just looking for a buddy.
As I reflected on my last post, I thought about how I didn’t feel as though I had nailed the notion I was grappling with, and a few days ago, it dawned on me that I’m not very bright sometimes.
Many a buddy is the thing that makes any artist, musician, writer, or any one of us for that matter, a mundane seeker of a fix. No matter what that might be, it’s a search that takes a lot of time and energy and makes it so much more difficult to ever transcend the every day banality of life.
That right there, is what I was sitting, or standing with at the show. That this, a great talent, is a pedestrian, and so very human, which for some reason always takes me by surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home