Google

Monday, June 11, 2012

I swear that you are

A gem.  That's the word that my boss used to describe me in an email to another supervisor who was praising my abilities.  Not bad, if only I felt that it was appreciated beyond my presence and willingness to do most anything.
As I have been ill, Eamon as my proxy, attended the Dandy Warhols show on Saturday night.  The tickets were my Mother's Day gift from Jake.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the next best thing to being there.  He had a great time, loved the band, and I got to stay home and watch movies.
Both of them were amazing.  Goon is a gem, as is Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame.  Each of these movies was overlooked and undervalued.  They should have been huge, and in some ways may be considered  as such, but compared to  much of the boring, senseless, tiresome, and ultimately financially successful motion pictures, they're golden.  And that, is something I can relate to completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home