Google

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All the feelings

On the way to work this morning I heard Gardening at Night the first song I ever remember hearing by REM. I would listen to my transistor radio in bed and just barely hear the radio station from the University of Akron, where the song was in heavy rotation.
I was so in love with music, and felt a tremendous rush of potential when I heard this one and tons of other songs that were so very right.
And then, just a few years later I was at parties with these people, talking to them, laughing, hanging out with mutual friends, it's all kind of stunning when I think about it.
We had two major and one minor meltdowns last night. Well, four if you count mine when all was said and done. The oldest is struggling with adult demons and dark impulses. the youngest with distractions and his station and the middle with being stuck with all of us for another week. And then there's Eamon, he's kind of out of the entire mix, and I don't know yet if that's his choice or mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger LindaCO said...

I always liked that song, too. Hope things are on the upswing for you and the fam soon.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home