Google

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Small amounts

Many times, when the fellas were having a fight, being brutal, no holding back on taunts and accusations, I told them to try and remember that they would have these events and subsequently the relationships to look back on and remember longer than any other in their lives.
What I didn't put together so well was that they would also be keeping track of all that Eamon and I did, except for that they would only be able to come up with the two or three really lousy and horrible memories and even less often one's that were okay and tiny percentage of wonderful.
People tend to take away the negative, it's a collective aspect of how most of us synthesize events. I won't fault them on how they manage the past. I can't come up with much nostalgia for my childhood. I had just hoped theirs would be hunky dory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home