Google

Friday, August 19, 2011

I just looked around




I've mentioned the Umbrella Man in another post here at ITM, but never has he come so alive as last night at the Heritage Days parade in lovely downtown Olmsted Falls.

We kind of spontaneously decided to go this year, neither of us had been inclined,and as a storm was approaching, we had just resigned ourselves to staying home, but for some reason, all of a sudden, we just kind of got motivated, and jumped in the car.

I had figured as we were late, that we probably missed the marching band in which Jack plays the trumpet. Apparently because of the weather, things had been a little delayed so we were in luck. I found a place to park, grabbed the over sized umbrella and we made our way to the festivities.

Jack was just about to go by, I said to Eamon "Here, hold my umbrella while I take a picture."

As soon as I handed it to him, the world slowed, I saw the light bulb above his head, and I saw that Jack saw what his dad was about to do. it was all almost as cinematic as the real thing. He opened the umbrella, just slightly, then pointed the end towards the marchers and then closed it.

Jack's face, (albeit he was playing the trumpet), was as red as a tomato and he was trying desperately not to laugh.

Later, while we were watching the Conspirator, a text from him read; "There should never have been an open umbrella that day!"

Oh the joy (?) of living with a family that routinely discusses assassinations, 9/11 truth movement and David Lynch.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home