Google

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

That's not my name

Last night at work I was sitting at my desk trying to ignore everyone in order to get a job done, which is something I don't tend to do, ignore people that is; and I heard a whistle like someone might do when calling their dog. After a few seconds, I happened to look up and saw a guy motioning for me to come over as he whistled again. I was like fuck it I am so out of here; when they start acting like that is a normal way to get my attention, I'm done.
So, I said to him, from the desk which was a distance of about thirty feet, again something I rarely do; "are you whistling at me?"
His response; "Yes"
Me; "That's not an appropriate way to try and get one's attention."
Him; "I thought that would be better than yelling, as this is a library and all."
And all is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home