Google

Monday, November 24, 2008

It just goes to show

We picked up my parents at the airport last night, I fell asleep in the car while we were waiting because apparently I was under enough pressure that my mind decided to shut down, at least on the conscious level. I dreamt I was pregnant and everyone was mad at me. Then the airport police shined or shone, whatever, his flashlight in my face so instead I ended up in a concentration camp running with cabbages in my hands. I think they must have meant the same thing, whatever that may be.
It's not so much that I'm not ready for how this is going to go, it's more about realizing that every day together kind of is like ten; and then there's the knowledge that the drama should have been part of the past, but it's what makes my Mom feel vital and connected.
I am grateful for a few things this year; one is my nephew coming for dinner, which will at least distract her from watching Gus eat. Another is that there is the equivalent of a Billy Jack movie playing, so I can be assured that I will have a few hours to go away, maybe not in the physical, but just enough to have a little piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home