Google

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Through the window

In or around 1984, my friend Hugh my old boyfriend Paul , and I, sat through fourteen and a half hours of Berlin Alexanderplatz, and then like zombies, we left before it was over because we just could not take anymore of the relentless weight of Franz Biberkopf 's burden of life; or maybe we were just stupid assholes who had had enough.
I've had enough of Jake. This is like a bad after school special. He is so full of himself and his life and we are just here to clean up the mess.
Now, I reference my ability for endurance, for a number of reasons, the first being, that I was probably very similar in my selfishness or lack of consideration, so I understand that it is part of the package of teenage hood. However, I don't care about any of that, I'm tired of trying to relate the experience to my own in order to figure out how I'm going to deal with it. He lies, steals and manipulates; that's the bottom line, and even though I love everything else Fassbinder did, there is a point where it may be disappointing, but you have to just get up and walk away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home