Google

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just one victory

Gus is in agony and needless to say I'm to blame. He has forgone his football commitment, due to; I'm still not quite sure. I think it had something to do with the way the coach either spoke to him or someone else. Or, it could be that he didn't want to run around in 90+ degree weather in a uniform made of petroleum based materials. Perhaps, it was a half and half kind of thing. The rub is that he told me he wanted to be in the marching band again, and that what he liked was music, baseball and swimming, that he had an epiphany that football was no longer fun. Well, for for the last three mornings at the crack, I've gone to his room and he refuses to get up and go to band camp. I've exhausted every means of suggestion, explanation, argument and some level of manipulation. I've told him I understand his plight and can see this thing from both sides, but being where I am, I know that being connected to a larger thing in high school, will help him out greatly just in terms of his social and emotional well being. He'll have none of it and now that he's a giant, I can't pick him up and bring him there. I'll settle for anything at this point, even a token tap on his drum pad to let me know that there is hope for his musical and potentially rockin out future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home