Google

Friday, August 10, 2007

As they were before

Eamon had sent me the movie of a herd of water Buffalo and a pride of lions and I hadn't been on the Internet for days, or watched the news so I didn't know what the outcome would be, but I had to hope that my husband would not send me something that would totally fuck with me. It's around eight minutes long so there where a few minutes there where I was unsure; but I didn't need to be, he wouldn't have sent it if the end of the story was going to be a bad one.
Now, I know that in nature there is that thing where animals have to eat and all. I'm realistic in my understanding of the food chain, but when it comes to the graphics, I get a little put off.
For me and I'm sure for many viewers of this marvelment , it is the dimensionality of the drama unfolding. First, what I want to focus on is the nature of the group. There is an obviously concerted effort to rescue the baby. It's not random, there are roles and they are being filled by brave animals, who are aware of each others location, numbers and abilities. Some of them scatter due to fear, or confusion, but the concentrated effort is so obvious and humbling, I am actually inspired. Yes, that's right I said it, I have hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home