Google

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'm in a state

The industrial revolution transformed the way in which people interact. By this, the isolation factor has, in my mind played a huge part in why there is less discord and assemblage. Not an accident me thinks. Knowing that there is profit involved in addition to keeping the masses from sharing their grief is enough motivation to maintain the level of disjunction. Of course, this was stepped up with the internet and becomes blatantly apparent as one looks at the 16 terminals at the library. People sitting and communicating with others but not with any actual individual body or person in attendance.
I tend to interact when I'm going about my shit. Most of the time, people think you are nuts if you try to engage them in even light merry conversation, with the exception of holiday times where they can suspend the everydayness for the big come shot of the year. Now that it's over, there's that new year anticipation and then the darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home