Google

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Let's hope it's a good one

A strange thing happened on the way to the holiday concert. Well no, actually it happened at the concert. Jack was singing and boy is he an emoter. Who knew. Anyway, the sixth graders sang, and I have to say they can sing well, there was no, I'm going to have to stifle an explosive laugh moment, something I have had in the past, especially with the early band concerts. So, they go through, and I'm reading off of the program four Christmas songs and then a onto the old favorite, "Two Horas for Hanukkah". It was a rousing foot stomping klezmerish moment. But before it could all begin, the choir director nodded her coiffed head at a student stage left, who left the stage and then returned after the song was over. Am I being a stickler here, or have countless multi-faith children sung their hearts out about Santa's sleigh, Jesus' birthday and ascending to a Christian heaven. I could easily be over reacting to something not very significant to the rest of the audience, however, it seemed somewhat meshuga to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home