Google

Monday, November 13, 2006

When the world seems to shine

I worked at Jack's school last week, they had a book sale and it was full of wonderful stuff that no one could possibly need and then they had some books.
So, I sat there and sold things to kids who had wads of cash and blank checks for stuff they really didn't want but bought anyway. There were a few girls that looked so emaciated they seemed deformed. I'm not being facetious or sarcastic. These girls were so thin they looked as if they had Osteoporosis. I have to think I'm not the only one who has noticed the oddness of young women being so thin and wearing such exceedingly tight cloths. Are there Moms living with the same delusions about size and shape that they can accept this as normal or reasonable for a child to be starving in order to feel socially acceptable.
I had no one to talk to there, but if there had been a conversation, I'm betting I would be the only one who saw something that, as far as I'm concerned was a problem. I've struggled with weight issues forever, really, who hasn't, but when it consumes your entirety at 12 what else can you expect out of life but for a hollow and superficial connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home