Google

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Check it and see

I got my annual I'm going to make myself sick for three days by getting a flu shot, shot yesterday. And yes, that sinking feeling is upon me. I have asthma so there is a real need for me to get it. In addition, I've had three boys who had the virus at the same time last year so I know from listening to their laboring for air that I am one of those candidates that must roll up the sleeve every time.
Every time, the nurse will ask, have you had any reaction to this vaccine in the past and each time I say that it makes me sick for a few days I'm told that it must be something else because the shot does not make people sick. So, I have a vivid imagination; confirmed and I'm a Hypochondriac; established. I don't even bother anymore, I wonder what it's like to have that kind of assuredness to know something is or isn't even though the evidence clearly shows something different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home