Google

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Tin Roof

Friday night what. Never did I think I would find myself and Eamon in the stands at a high school football game, with him screaming for Gus or singing to the band playing Love Shack. I don't know if it was the cold getting to him or some sort of forced enthusiasm for something we could never have planned for.
Here are two misfits at best. We live under the radar because likely for both of us the days of institutional schooling were about avoiding events that were either crowded or sports related. Now, I have a "stadium kit". It consists of a seat thing, umbrella and water bottle. Of course yesterday I left it in the car, oh let me talk about the cars. We parked Eamon's car at the high school in the afternoon, drove up in mine but left it at the middle school which is about half a mile away because we did not want to deal with the parking issue that is a Friday night-nightmare. So I left the seat behind and paid the price with that frozen to the core thing.
Then there are the hawkers, it's like a bazaar in Istanbul and I can say that because I've been there. There is a roar, and selling stuff, food and intrigue. It's a veritable village of the damned and I for once am a member of the club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home