Google

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

You know that it would be untrue

Today the library closed for about two hours. We had a small "electrical incident". My colleagues and I evacuated the building like any good 70's disaster movie cast. There were actually many people who just sat there as the alarm went off and we used kind but firm body language sort of like you have got to get the fuck out of here.
Then, standing out front with two trucks one the giant ladder, and people driving up, parking close and walking towards the front door. Exactly what does it take I wonder for an individual to realize things are not business as usual.
Then we were sent home with the condition that we might have to come back, and we did, but, I had my first glimpse at siesta and it ruled. Lunch at my counter, finished left over tea, let the dogs out, read the paper; and now I'm back refreshed and pumped by the change of pace and routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home