Google

Monday, September 18, 2006

Stupid by a jar

Okay, so I'm doing a redux-dux of Ugly Music on WCSB. The show is going to be on Friday from 7am-9am it can be streamed from the website. I did this three years ago for the last reunion and felt a true sense of closure and enrichment from the experience. Now, I just feel old. Well, I feel other things too such as huge waves of fear and anxiety and that the music I have to play is dated and not as relevant as I'd like, and that I played the same fucking music every week in 1986 and 1987 which is sad because there was so much. I don't have playlists from earlier years of the show so I think that I had shared a greater variety then, but those last years at the station were a confusing and blurry mess.
I think about what has happened in the last twenty years in terms of music and how radio has become so much less of a vital part of the culture, but it still does provide a smaller sense of community connection, and that is something I'm happy to be a part of; if I could just get past the fear of dead air or of my atrophied brain compelling me to take a stab at being funny or current. It's going to happen, I know. I just hope everyone sleeps late that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home