Google

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Could everyone agree

It's the time of year for catching up, and I guess for getting behind in the basics, because there is this hectic need for the hunting and gathering of goods. I "caught up" with a good friend yesterday. He was clever because he came a few weeks before the onslaught of friends in from out of town.
There is a bar at which many of my old friends often end up gathering. It's one of the older bars in the city and in October the proprietor, Mitzi, died , she was 92 and she was born above the bar, worked there her entire life and entertained many a patron with stories of prohibition, visiting rock star antics and an inquisitive nature and enthusiasm that seemed misplaced in such a unsavory local.
There is always a buzz in the air for me during this time of year, it's when I can be ebullient without appearing too manic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home