Google

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Happiness and cheer

When I was young Dolly Madison had another meaning to me besides for her place in history. I of course associated her with anything Charlie Brown, and I assume the home of Zingers had to be the sole sponsor of A Charlie Brown Christmas.
We missed the broadcast this year, so I brought home the DVD and watched it last night with Jack and Eamon, who deconstructed the program for us. Where to begin; it seems as though there is no resolution regarding the play that Charlie Brown was directing, as he and Linus left mid-rehearsal to go find a tree, and then there's the ADD element of the story where the characters kind of jump topic every few seconds. There was more, but I lost track as I was trying to place the genesis of my own depression and melancholy around the holidays, and there it was right next to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home