Google

Thursday, December 14, 2006

That special offer

I'm horribly allergic to mango. Anaphylacticaly in fact. Early in October Eamon and I had the unusual privilege of going out and having some grub together. All the planets, children and bribes were lined up. So, we went to The Cheesecake Factory. And oh what a manufactured experience it was. We sat down and our server asked for our drink selection, because at 44 I'm a new recruit to the joys of caffeine addiction, I ordered iced tea. A few sips in, the tell tale your going to die in a minute hit with tingling lips and itching mouth. I flagged down the truss and asked her what was in the tea besides for the requisite "tea" She said, " oh it's a tropical mix" and I knew that could only mean some fun was due. Lucky for me and the CCF, I only had a small amount of the joyjuice, but I did find it kind of odd that they serve some weird shit and don't say anything until you get to page 578 addendum 62 of the menu. I was okay but I was concerned in the "universal" sense that they might want to let people know about the "exotic"aspect of their bevs.

I let a manager know and then sent an email to corporate, who had the same manager call me and apologize and offer me a gift card which I declined but was overruled by said manager's insistence of sending one right out to me. So, when it didn't arrive by late November, I thought perhaps she had meant for me to come in and get it, so I called not wanting to appear ungrateful and remiss while my gift card waited patiently, with my name on it at the hostess stand, but no, she had sent it, and apparently it was lost in the mail, so they would send me another fed-ex and that would be there tomorrow. and this was in November. So, it arrived today with a tracking date of being mailed yesterday. YES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home