Google

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Shine a light on me

Gus was born 14 years ago at 9:21 in the am. It was twenty-four hours of harsh and life challenging back labor. He has a rather large head and that added to the experience by a few centimeters.
When I realized I was pregnant, I decided that I wanted to find an alternative to the regular hospital experience because Jake's birth did not resemble anything I had remotely hoped for. Eamon and I had been delivering a free newspaper that was failing miserably. The last issue had a classified ad for an organization that promoted home birth and the rest as they say is historical.
I had a midwife who kind of relaxed the entire process and that tone made for yes, a beautiful experience that changed how I felt about my self and my strength to bring life forth. Raising up that life, that is a whole nother nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home