Google

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

With a mighty crash

There is a good deal of disagreement in my family regarding many issues, personal, political, social and Crest vs. Colgate. What happens when someone comes to visit, is that you realize
that you all have a shorthand way of dealing with these differences, either by ignoring or negating them.
My parents are here with us for the next few days, and they are getting a glimpse of Gus and is radical conservatism. He made some offhanded comment about the homeless which Eamon and I basically spoke over while we were passing the string beans, but my usually somewhat hard of hearing mom, caught it like a Griffin wishes he could do with any living thing.
I deflected the ensuing debate by asking if she wanted some more rice which saved us from a two week workshop on the class struggle from 1810 to the present. I took one for the Gusser. Now for infinitude he will march with the band, and like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home