Google

Friday, July 21, 2006

With the top back

When one returns from a "vacation" and I use that term loosely , in fact let's not call it a vacation, it was a change of venue. Anyway, when you return, and go back to the workplace, does it seem that there are certain requirements that the returnee must adhere to? Such as the funny antidote about getting lost, or finding out something about the place you went that you didn't know beforehand, like your room was going to be the size of an airplane bathroom, or that you did actually know how to get dressed while holding a washcloth sized towel in front of your body. It's an exercise in self awareness and how the limitations of your life are flexible when not in their usual context.
I remember when I was younger and I'd visit my sisters at college, I would make notes in my head about what I was going to do when I got home in terms of changing my life, or like what music I would tell my friends about.
That's why I insisted my parents join me on the journey to NJ. I knew that taking them out of their world which had become somewhat little, would enable them to remember that there is more than the everyday. Plus, my dad helped carry the bags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home