Google

Monday, July 24, 2006

My heart is on that ship

My mother leaves a wake when she is gone. It's a wake or wave of confusion, disillusionment and frustration regarding her sheer inability to leave anyone alone in any task they are performing. It's funny for the first few years, but a lifetime of it makes for mental illness at best.
We, or most of us have mother stories, but I do have the mother of all mothers. I've spent a long time trying to ascertain how and why she is what she is, but I don't think there is an easy answer. I know that we are products of our environment and genetics and whatever else goes into the jumble of issues and neurosis that makes up a mind. All I can say is that as far as my son Jake is concerned, I'm worse than she. That would be unsettling until you realize that it's Jake I'm talking about; the reason this blog exists is that I needed an outlet, or a way to express how difficult it was to have a child who behaved just like my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home