Google

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I could sleep

How about this, look at all of the people who ran towards the tragedy, who didn’t even think about their own lives, but lifted debris, moved bloody people to safety, comforted children.
Otherwise, we get caught up in all of the other detritus, which in effect, is an enormous waste of time, energy and resources.
The only thing I can take away from tragedy is what people do and how they react, everything has already happened it’s the aftermath.
When I was seven, and we were living in Turkey, we went to neighboring countries to visit, including Israel, where upon entering a supermarket, my purse (!) was searched by a soldier, with a machine gun. That is a vivid memory to me, as opposed to something more awful, perhaps because of that caution and necessary vigilance.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home