Google

Saturday, April 06, 2013

For these last few days

My mom, who has always been a bit of a challenge to me, and I to her, has come to a point in her life where everything is momentary, except for the bad memories, and for who is eating what.
Many of my friends and acquaintances have lost one or both of their parents, and most of them were much younger then mine, who are in their mid eighties.
This I know when I discuss the relationship, I can almost, but not quite hear, the “at least she’s still alive” thought.
And, I am grateful and aware of not only her and my Father’s longevity, in that it was not the same for both of their sets of parents .
And here comes the but.
My sisters and I have been trying to convince my parents, to move into a place that offers some assistance, and or monitoring, as my mom will wander in the night, which can, and  has proven to be dangerous.
This is not a unique struggle, no more original then the one where we are dealing with children, at any age, and lamenting their inability to hear what we say, or do what we suggest.
The difference is, kids think they know everything, and our parents actually do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home