Google

Friday, July 17, 2009

And everything

What I learned on my summer vacation;
There is a next time. That way I can get it right. Each time we go away I figure I will be able to hone it down and sort out what works and what doesn't. So far I know that bringing Eamon and Gus was not a good idea. It's not that they don't like to have fun, it's that they don't know how to when they are out of a familiar environment.
Meeting my two lady friends who love to have fun and know me and my family well enough to forgive us our foibles was a brilliant plan, except for that I felt like I had to act out the fun that Gus and Eamon weren't having so that there would be some balance. In short I'm a dork; they know who they're dealing with and it's fine no matter how much or how little.
Jake stayed at the house with Echo because she would have thrown herself off the kennel roof if she had to be boarded. He seems to have cleaned up from the rave I know he threw quite well. So I'm going with the don't ask don't tell policy for once in my life.
As for the price, in that there always is one; this time, besides for all the work involved before during and after, it's going to be getting back in the swing, and ducking when necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home