Google

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Many years from now

As we have had a lot of changes at our library, some of us have had to step out of our little zones of comfort and do things we wouldn't normally have to; I actually volunteered to lead a book discussion at the Senior Center because I'm a little off.
I went from saying that I was going to be a complete failure to, they'll never remember anyway so why worry about it. But worry I did, until I sat down amongst the crepey skin, baby powder smelling lots of elastic wearing members of the group. They were just so happy to be there talking about something. Of course there were a few awkward silences broken up by snoring, but at least they tell you how they really feel about what they've read, there is no messing around when it comes to being a certain age, and that is something I have truly come to appreciate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home