Google

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The glow

I started reading the book Catching the Big Fish by David Lynch, it's an exceptionally well written and striking book about art and creative nature, and the obstacles that depression, anger and everyday experience can induce. I'm glad I decided to read it because I was just going to leave it like so many things I bring home, and eventually just return it unread. I actually was supposed to have left for work, and Eamon was going to drive me, but he was collating copies of his screenplay so I had a few minutes. Now, as I was reading, it did not slip my mind that this book, discussing Transcendental Meditation and the life changing elements of this practice that made it possible for David Lynch to create, and be a successful film maker; who made Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and all of those other projects that fucked with me over the last two decades. Nope, I had that in the back of mind the entire time I was grooving on the vibe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home