Google

Saturday, March 31, 2007

All falls away

Eamon and I went out together, yes, it's true, we went to see the Silos, and unfortunately they were playing with this guy who sucked, well his guitar playing didn't, he was kicking out the jams, but when the Silos were relegated to a back up band for him that's when things went south or should I say southwest. It was sort of Jimmy Buffet meets a bad Tom Waits impersonator doing a Frito commercial.
So, I guess this is what happens to semi successful middle aged performers, they get to continue to make music, but there has to be a lot of compromise in order to make that happen. Kind of like when two middle aged people go to see said performer and there are like twenty people there, who are old too and all sitting down and checking the time on their mobile phones.
It's a hard place to be for me, I still want to go see bands, but at what price I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home