Google

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Echos of my mind

When I was young, about Jack's age, I went to Michigan to visit my sister who was going to school there. Ann Arbor is still one of my favorite cities, though it's actually referred to as a suburb of Detroit; odd. Anyway, My sister was working at the Film library and she would bring home old movies and somehow had a 35 millimeter projector at her disposal, so we watched two that stuck. Nosferatu and the Cabinet of Doctor Caligari which I remember mostly for being all crooked and shit.
German and for that matter any expressionism movements in film, remain up there on that list of things I like to watch, but no movie that I can think of, no level of weirdness, can compare to the Burger King commercials. Whom ever came up with the concept, is for sure a fan of the absurd, and rightly so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home