Google

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love is stronger than death

Valentine's day is something I don't take very seriously. It really means so little except for that artificial construct stuff about love and romance. Silky, sleeveless, cold and clingy sums it up for me.
I am not apathetic to how much this can mean to people especially those newly in love, but I find that pressure to buy things to show people how much you love them kind of misses the mark. I'm also guessing that many people are left feeling bad on this day. When I was in Jr. High, the practice was to sell carnations and you could buy one for your friend, love, teacher, whomever. The color scheme of the flowers helped people to understand the designation red for love and pink for friendship blah, blah; so one of the assholes from my homeroom sent me one, and it was a big joke to them, but for me, it was a lovely flower nothing more nothing less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home