Google

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The handy and successful magic people everywhere

I could have been a contender.
There are many moments when I'm reminded of the absolute dead on quality that Charles Bukowski can manifest in his poems and stories. Eamon bought me the DVD of Factotum with Matt Dillon who really did a much better job than Mickey Rourke in Barfly or Ben Gazzara in Tales of Ordinary Madness.
The key to his writing is it's use of the ordinary low down aspects of life as a tool to understanding complexity and beauty. I've gotten tons of shit for loving him so. I would never have wanted to be in the same room with him, he was a scary abusive asshole, but his writing transcends the everyday and sometimes that is what has to matter when you need to have words that will mean something and help make it possible to get through the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home