Google

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Difference

Today I hate people, their desperate need to be first, to get the most, have the best, shiniest and loudest. It's not hard to be civil, to show consideration to the fact that there are a few billion of us here and we all have the same equal and viable needs.
Years ago, when the boys were little and people fought over Power Rangers, to the extreme that they were willing to knock over an obviously pregnant K-B toy store employee to get to the unpacked boxes of molded plastic, I came to the conclusion that stuff would never be worth more than my sense of decency, and the only thing I would ever fight for would be to feed my children if they were starving, or to find them clothes and shelter; which brings to mind the acid wash jeans we tried to give to the Federation for the Blind, which they rejected as too unstylish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home