Google

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Deep in the heart

Gus is seething with hatred for me right now. Everyday this summer he has exclaimed his distaste for Band, and that would be especially for marching band of which he is attending on the hottest day of the summer, the opening day of fun.
I'm torn; I know he is seeking status and doesn't want to be pegged a band @&*$#*, but I also want him to be part of a group that can do a modicum of protecting him from being the victim of asshole kids who are predisposed to conduct themselves in such a way that they make everyone acutely miserable with whom they come into contact. Perhaps, he will actually have a nice time and I won't have to threaten to take him there in his pajamas again. Most likely, this will be an ongoing struggle that will plague me for the rest of my, I didn't live up to my potential so I'm making up for it with my child, life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home