Google

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

crowning glory

A few years ago I worked with a woman that was a nightmare. She subsequently retired because the "technology" was moving too fast for her to keep up with. I was relieved, but her presence had been a good lesson in all of the things that I had been doing wrong. I always tried and have done so many times since with others, to engage her, or make her laugh. She was the ultimate critical parent. In fact, I 've given the voice in my head her name. The voice that is negative, mean and overbearing shares a likeness to her cranky and dissatisfied angry delivery.
She came into the library today, and I looked up just in time to see her. She's a tiny lady but yields so much power, it's hard for all of us that there are so many of them cluttering our lives with their sadness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home