Google

Friday, June 23, 2006

All in all

I remember when I was little that if I was dealing with someone who was a little off, or a little crazy it took awhile for me to realize. I also remember not being able to understand how people would just act around that person as if there was nothing going on.
There is something going on, and I've tried to explain it to Jack and Gus, that their brother does not respond to things in a "normal" way, that his behavior will not change even if they are nice to him or let him have everything he wants.
Even as an adult it's probably been the biggest challenge of my life, to have a child that is really difficult to feel affectionate towards and to know that there is very little that is going to make that better. Sometimes I hear Jack pleading with Jake to understand his hurt, or Gus telling Jake the logical progression of his anger, It's not going to do any good. We are living with a wall and one that I really would like to change the paint on pronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home