Google

Friday, June 30, 2006

Altered Images

Two weeks and forty four years ago, my mom was hit by a drunk driver when she was returning from a doctor's appointment. She had a few ribs broken and some internal bruising, but she and I were fine beyond being pretty shaken up; and who really knows how that prenatal experience affected me.
Jean-Francois Gravelet had an interesting day on June 30th 1859. He was perhaps the first person to walk across Niagara Falls on a tightrope. I reference him with a much deliberate metaphor. I think he wasn't the first, I think he was the one who knew how to market himself, or had someone who could do it for him. But, He did take that walk across the great aqueous divide. Mine, a little dryer, but no less formidable says I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home