Google

Monday, October 14, 2013

Come on

I’m not sure if it’s due to lack of experience, or a big blunder fest, but a fight was breaking out at the library on Friday, and it included two sisters and their mom, and two other girls who may or may not have been related.  Because there is no security in our building, and with minimal training for our staff, most of them were standing around with the customers,(who were filming with their cameras), and just waiting for events to unfold, which certainly seemed  imminent as the volume and posturing  accelerated.
I heard the yelling from the second floor, came down to help, only to find no one trying to de-escalate the people involved and disperse the crowd that had gathered.
The police were in route, but the group was blocking the doors , screaming and swearing and making a ruckus, mostly driven by the adult in the group.
I don’t know why I feel compelled to get involved in the fray.  I, like the rest of the people I work with , could have just let the events unfold, but something about who and what I am does not allow for resignation to base behavior.
I expect more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home