Google

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two meanings

Yesterday as I was pulling out of my garage in order to park the car so I could go back and give the cat who lives out there some treats, I smashed into Jake's miniature car with enough force to crush and grind walnuts in the shell. I got out of the car to assess the damage, swearing my head off, berating myself for being an idiot and cursing the saying about good deeds and some such.
Miraculously, there was no damage to either car, which seems out of the realm of possibilities but there just wasn't.
Later, when I was done with my outing of gathering goods, Jake called me, and in a moment of candid abandon, I told him I had hit his car. He proceeded to scream at me about how irresponsible I was for not having called the police and my insurance company. I tried to explain to him that because the impact had not left any evidence, there was no problem and he didn't need to worry. Later he sent me a series of texts mentioning honesty, responsibility and various charges regarding my lack of protocol regarding "the accident". This is all from an individual who has registered for college this week, not at the school at which his Father is employed, which would enable him to go for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home