Google

Saturday, April 11, 2009

And it isn't just talk talk talk

Yesterday I went to a liquor store to buy Cassis for a cocktail Ina Garten aka The Barefoot Contessa, made on her show I caught a snippet of.
The drink looked very much like the life I would like to lead, it was light and breezy and was connotative of a paradigm that is so out of reach, or even perhaps non-existent.
Jack and I went in because he wanted gum and then was disappointed at the lack of choices.
There is something about the process of buying alcohol that makes me feel like both an adult and a twelve year old trying to act like one. I was looking at the smaller bottles behind the counter as if I was trying to pick out some penny candy, and the guy asked me if he could help me, to which I replied; "I'm just looking" , because I was. I am fascinated by all of the possibilities and the shapes, sizes and colors of all the stuff that they sell to make you drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home